I’m delighted to send you this update!
Following the guidance from the Association of Optometrists, CORU and the government we are now able to safely offer you routine eyecare.
We’re taking all the necessary precautions to keep you and the team safe during your visit to the practice including:
- Extended 1 hour appointment slots – so that you receive a relaxed, pleasant experience in a quiet and crowd-free environment. There will only be a maximum of two clients in the practice at the same time.
- Physical Distancing – The practice has plenty of space to allow us to maintain more than the recommended 2 metre’s distance. For any parts of the eye exam or eyewear styling consultation where the optometrist or dispensing optician needs to get closer, this time will be kept to a minimum and face masks will be worn. We are also using perspex screens in the eye exam and eyewear consultation for added protection and peace of mind.
- Cleaning and Sanitisation – We are following the highest standards of sanitisation throughout the practice including all surfaces being wiped down and disinfected between every appointment. All frames that you try on have been sanitised before you try them on. And we’re all following proper hand hygiene with hand washing and multiple hand sanitisation stations throughout the practice.
- No more Puffs of Air! – I think this is some news everyone will be delighted to hear! The one thing everyone seems to dread when getting their eyes tested is the puff of air test. There has been some discussions in the optical world about it not been the best test to do in this current era. So I got a new piece of kit that measures your eye pressures safely and comfortably but does not need a puff of air or any eye drops. So no more holding onto your seat when I measure your pressures!
- Face Coverings – As I said in my last update, eyewear is the ultimate accessory for your face, but for the time being we are adding a face mask to the essential accessory list! We’ll provide you with a complimentary face mask when you arrive so you can wear it for any parts of the eye exam or styling consultation where we need to be closer than 2 metres.
- Individual Service – at Rachel Murray Eyecare we pride ourselves on being able to tailor the experience to your requirements so if you have any concerns or needs just let us know when you are booking your appointment and we’ll be happy to find a solution for you!
As always, you can expect the same high standard of personal service, professional expertise, and incredible independent eyewear from your visit to Rachel Murray Eyecare.
Just call or email to book your appointment for an eye exam or new glasses or sunglasses.
We’re looking forward to seeing you back in the practice!
To Schedule an Appointment
Call us: 071 9142860
Email us: email@example.com